The realm of Managed Services has transformed rapidly over the years. It is a crucial element of any organization. But, for one or the other reason, businesses does not have the resources to build out their squad of experts.
Managed Services are assisting businesses to cope with the challenges of the pandemic. With the transition to remote work putting many companies in a difficult situation, MSPs are working 24*7 to make this transition as smooth as possible for their clients.
To stay competitive, many organizations use Managed Services to witness when and how they can benefit your company.
What are Managed Services?
Managed services facilitate organizations to outsource IT tasks to a vendor as contracted. These services are used to minimize the workload of in-house teams.
It is a non-revenue generating part of an organization that operates in the background, such as workforce management, payroll, IT management, etc.
Managed service providers (MSPs) remotely monitor and manage a company’s IT infrastructure, and ensure IT duties 24*7. Depending on the client’s requirements, MSPs can oversee a single IT function or the entire IT environment.
Like hardware, software, communications systems, cybersecurity, networks, problem resolution, help desk, and even strategic planning for the future.
Functions of Managed Services
Managed IT Services is an approach of hiring a 3rd-party to address all IT concerns for your business. It’s like having your own in-house IT department without worrying about equipment or expertise.
Here are a couple of functions that you should consider while hiring a managed services provider.
- Proactive Support and Monitoring
One of the major USPs of Managed IT services is 24*7 monitoring and support businesses. An MSP can watch over your network to either prevent a problem or solve an existing one at any time of the day, unlike a regular IT team.
- Help Desk
MSPs understand problems with different devices occur all the time. It is very typical for them to provide 24*7 help desks for any IT-related concern. You can reduce downtime and increase worker productivity with ready-to-provide solutions.
Compliance regulations ensure your capability of handling sensitive information. Failure of this can lead to legal problems and loss of customer trust. Compliance regulations protect against hacking and other cyberattacks, but some involve the handling and storage of data.
- Backup and Recovery
The most valuable acquisition of any organization is data. Hence, it must be stored and backed up in the event of a system collapse or cyberattack. MSPs deliver backup and disaster recovery services to help clients protect and recover their data in cases of an accident or a cyberattack.
- Security Services
Data is one of the valuable investments of any organization. And in 2020 alone, cybercriminals damaged data worth $20 billion in various ransomware attacks. A data breach can damage any business financially and PR-wise. Hackers usually prefer smaller organizations as they have weaker defenses.
- IT Planning and Forecasting
IT service providers should not only focus on solving the present concerns. But also possible issues, they may have in the future. An MSP should be able to forecast and plan a strategy for the client. After all, as the business expands so do their IT needs.
Importance of Managed Services
With the pandemic abating in various parts of the globe, more and more businesses are opting to partner with MSPs. The advantage is variable of cost and operational efficiencies such as:
- Lower Operational Cost: Hiring an internal IT team increases expenses such as salaries, IT management tools, benefits, and much more. Organizations can reduce these overhead expenses with MSPs.
- Higher ROI: MSPs can offer organizations more potential and higher quality services at the lower price it takes to put together an in-house IT team.
- Cost Visibility: MSPs works on subscription-based business operation and charge a fixed monthly fee. A fixed functional price makes it easy for buyers to plan budgets and make financial forecasts for their business.
- Enhanced Competitiveness: MSPs instantaneously adopt the latest improvements in technology. It delivers their clients an edge over their competitors since they face more productive hours, less downtime, and can accomplish more in less time.
- Faster and Proactive Response: MSPs provide access to a dedicated service desk that resolves queries at all times of the day. Due to continuous monitoring, MSPs can fix IT incidents before they become a hardship.
Business Benefits of Managed Services
Let’s analyze the myriad advantages of managed services provided remotely to the organization.
- Centralized applications and servers improve stability and security. With managed services, your data and applications are hosted in a virtual server environment. MSPs help you to maintain business continuity if something goes wrong in your office or off-site.
- Trained managed IT service professionals can fill roles your in-house staff can’t. IT infrastructure often requires unique, specialized skill sets. Implementing new technologies requires learning new skills that are only needed once. Instead of spending time and money training your in-house team each time, you can let your MSP take charge of the situation.
- Future-proof services keep you on the cutting edge of your industry. MSPs continuously learn, train, and upgrade to ensure leading technology solutions. You can accumulate the benefit of their expertise to stay at the cutting edge of technology without having to pay for upgrades or training.
- Centralized management simplifies remote or flexible working arrangements. Centralized management IT services reduce overall infrastructure costs and ensure all employees have the same technology experience. Whether employees work in your office, from home, or via any other location, they can log in and experience the same speed and security as if they were on-site.
It will be challenging for any organization to survive this IT run without a good partner who can guide them. Managed IT services can help organizations by letting them focus on what they do best and not having to worry about IT-related stuff.
Managed IT services can facilitate your in-house IT staff, allowing the team to focus on matters of strategic growth rather than day-to-day operations. With reduced time spent on daily tasks like services and support, they can focus on leveraging the most suitable software solutions for your organization and ways to enhance your IT infrastructure to boost productivity across departments.