WordPress is the world’s most popular free and open-source tool for creating websites that are written in PHP and uses a MySQL database. WordPress is capable of creating an excellent style of website, from blogging to e-commerce to business and portfolio websites, WordPress is a versatile CMS[Content Management System].
What is a WordPress Website?
A WordPress website is any website that uses WordPress as its CMS (content management system). WordPress consists of both the backend (the interface used to make changes or to add new content) and the frontend (the visible part of the website that your visitors see on the web).
Blog, eCommerce website, Portfolio website, Business website, Forum website, e-Learning websites, Event website are the few examples of the WordPress websites.
What makes WordPress unique?
Some of the benefits of WordPress are:
- Flexible and Open-source
- Free of cost
- Consist of several free and paid themes
- Highly customizable with extended plugins
- You need not be a professional developer
What are the features of WordPress??
- Custom Menus and Built-in Blogs
- Speed and Easy to use Interface
- WordPress 5.0 introduced the new Block Editor that transforms the pages and posts that you design and arrange your content with a more flexible “drag and drop” approach.
How do I start using WordPress??
- Pick a Domain
- Purchase Hosting
- Install WordPress
- Customize your website with themes and plugins